The role of a teacher in our lives is significant as they do an important job of developing our skill set and molding our future for our better tomorrow. Therefore, we need to appreciate them whenever we can to show that we care for them and respect their contribution in our lives. An appreciation letter to the teacher can be used to appreciate certain teachers who have helped us immensely and taught us important qualities like discipline, mutual respect, obedience, etc. Today, we will learn how to write an appreciation letter by understanding the format and by looking at some samples.
Appreciation Letter to Teacher Format
An appreciation to a teacher is a type of informal letter. However, you cannot use the same tone and language that you use while writing an appreciation letter to a friend or loved one. The pedestal of teachers is very much high and that must reflect in the language you use. Therefore, showing complete respect towards the teacher is a must and the letter must show your sincerity along with the much-needed warmth and love.
You may check out these topics too:-
A ‘thank you’ or appreciation letter starts with the name and the address of the teacher you are writing to and must follow with the date on which you have written it. After that, mention your name and address or you can also include your phone number on which the teacher can contact you afterwards. You might include a subject line after that although it is not mandatory as it is in a formal letter. The body of the letter should not contain lengthy descriptions and you must try to write the letter as concisely as possible. End the letter with a positive note and also offer your assistance whenever the teacher requires it.
How to write a Teacher Appreciation Letter?
Here are some writing tips that you can follow while writing an appreciation letter to your beloved teacher:
- It is not a formal letter and therefore there is no need to use the structure and format of a formal letter.
- Also, a formal introduction is not necessary as the teacher might already know you very well. However, when writing a letter to a teacher who had taught you many years before, you might need to introduce yourself by giving reference of an incident that the teacher can remember or relate to.
- Please remember that it is sometimes not possible for the teacher to remember all the students clearly. Therefore, do not get offended if the teacher asks you for more details about your batch, friends, etc.
- You can also mention some special incidence in which the teacher has helped you or given you advice that has helped you immensely in the future.
- Check for spelling and grammatical mistakes after drafting the letter.
Sample Appreciation Letter to Teacher Example
There are many sample letters available on the internet which will give you an idea about the format and structure of the appreciation letter. Follow these samples but do not copy their style of writing and content. Write in your own way so that the letter sounds genuine and perfect. Now, let us look at some of the samples to understand this type of letter.
This type of appreciation letter is generally written by students to appreciate their favorite teachers.