Start a Complaint Letter on a polite note. It is significant to start a complaint letter on a formal note stating the issue of your complaint letter.
How to Start a Complaint Letter
Here are some of the tips that you can follow while writing a complaint letter and how to begin.
- Begin the letter with a formal and polite tone. Your letter must not sound frustrating as you are complaining about a certain issue.
- Keep the tone of the letter less aggressive and more solution-based.
- At the beginning of the letter, introduce your name to the left side of the letter. The recipient's address should be mentioned, along with their pin code.
- You can mention the purpose of the letter in the subject line.
- Begin the letter with a proper salutation or greeting.
- Start a complaint letter by introducing yourself and write the purpose of the letter that is your complaint. It should be proper and clear.
- In the first few lines, you can highlight the important points of the complaint that grabs the attention of the reader.
Below is a sample letter for a complaint letter for poor service.
Shelli J Taylor
4839 Holden Street
Date: 24th April 2021
Susan H Lawrence
2551 Cantebury Drive
To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing this letter to complain about the poor service I experienced from the company on June 10, 2020. A representative visited me at XX Company; his name was Mr. John Doe.
Mr. John Doe was 2 hours late for his appointment and offered nothing as an apology when he arrived. He proceeded to present a range of products I had asked his assistant on call that I was not interested in. I tried to ask your representative about the products that interested me, but he refused to answer them.
My impression of XX Company has been tarnished, and it has become a matter of concern about how my existing business is handled by your firm.
I have been working with your company for a very long time and have never encountered such an experience before. I would like to suggest a meeting to discuss these matters and learn about how your company will prevent handling a similar situation from reoccurring.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Shelli J Taylor
Complaint Letter Starting Lines
To start a complaint letter, you can use the following lines in the beginning:
- 'my name is ____ and I have been facing this issue.'
- 'I am writing a letter to complain about this issue.'
- 'On January when I visited ____ I faced this issue with your service of (service name)',
- in case of any product complaints, you can begin with 'my name is ___ and the product (product name and model) I bought on (date)'
You can also mention that you are attaching a copy of the receipt of the product with the complaint letter.
Try to keep the letter clear and concise without any extra ranting or details that are not closely related to your main complaint. Complaint letters are always to the point and very short.
If you are writing a complaint letter against a specific service or product, then make sure to mention the name and model number of the product so that the receiver's end can understand your problem instantly and get to the respective authorities quickly.
These were a few tips that might help you write a concise, clear, and perfect complaint letter.