This letter template is a free download for people who need to request reimbursement for repair costs. If a contractor, appliance installer, or moving company damages your home, you will need to demand that they pay for the damage. This sample letter can also be used when you have paid for repairs to your apartment and your landlord needs to pay you back.
Why Write a Letter Requesting Payment for Damage?
When someone damages your home, one of the most frustrating parts isn't the actual repair, it is the the tedious process of getting reimbursed for what you are rightfully owed. Use this template to help you make sure that you get your money back and save hours in the process.
This repair reimbursement letter template is best used after you have already attempted to resolve the issue using email or a phone call. It is a sample letter that has been written in a professional and polite manner.
When to Use This Letter Template
When should you write a letter demanding repayment for repairs?
- When you need to be reimbursed by a landlord for repairs to the rental property.
- When a home improvement contractor refuses to pay you back for damage done to your property.
- When an appliance installer scratches your hardwood flooring while moving a refrigerator, stove, or dishwasher.
- When a moving company damages your walls or doors.
- Anytime you have paid for repair work on behalf of someone else.
What to Include in the Letter
Your payment demand letter should include the following:
- A brief introduction about the reason for the demand.
- A list of what happened and what was fixed.
- Who made the repairs (include a copy of the invoice if this applies).
- The amount of money you are requesting.
- The date that you want your money by.
Sample Letter Template to Request to Be Paid for Repairs
Sample Letter Template to Request to Be Paid for Repairs in PDF and Word (.doc)
As discussed with you by email on [date] and by phone call on [date], I am following up to request that I will be reimbursed for the below listed repairs:
[Specific list of each issue]
[Including repairs done]
[Cost and contractor hired]
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I request that this is resolved by [date]. After this date, all legal rights will be explored, including, but not limited to, small claims court.
If you need additional information, please email me [email@address] or call me at [phone number].